Thomas Ravenel and Kathryn Dennis’ custody battle is finally over, AllAboutTheTea.com can exclusively reveal!
A Charleston source very close to the action confirmed to AllAboutTheTea.com that the Southern Charm parents have finally put their custody ordeal behind them — and struck a custody agreement this week.
On June 28, after spending 10 minutes in court, each party along with Kathryn’s mother, Allison Dennis, all signed a final custody agreement. The agreement was witnessed and notarized on Wednesday.
Dennis’ mother’s involvement in the case was a matter of legality. She was listed on court documents as a back up petitioner for custody of the children on Kathryn’s behalf.
To make the agreement legally binding, the parties have a court date tomorrow (June 30), for a final hearing to have the agreement recorded with the Charleston County Family Court.
However, Thomas and Kathryn’s mother do not have to appear in court on June 30 for the final hearing because they signed affidavits not to appear. On the other hand, Kathryn’s appearance is mandatory because she did not sign the affidavit. A local source exclusively tells AllAboutTheTea.com.
“Kathryn could have signed an affidavit to not appear but she will be in court tomorrow, because she wants her picture taken by the press.” The source alleges.
As reported, Dennis, 25, and Ravenel, 54, have been fighting over Kensie, 3, and St. Julien, 1, since May 2016, after Thomas was barred from fathering his children by Kathryn for 14 weeks.
The custody agreement criteria set forth, signed by both parents stipulate:
- Thomas retains legal custodial rights of the two children, Kensington and St. Julien
- Joint custody is possible IF Kathryn is able to pass a future drug test
- The judge denied Kathryn’s request to have Thomas pay her legal fees
- No drug use will be permitted. This includes, no abuse of prescribed drugs
- If Kathryn can pass a future drug test, the day of the test, a mediation meeting will be held to discuss how joint custody will proceed. If she passes a drug test, the process for Dennis to regain joint custody will commence in phases: phase 1, phase 2, phase 3, phase 4 (See attached custody agreement).
- Custody will be split 50/50 unsupervised for both parents, with each parent alternating a week of custody.
Read custody order below:
It’s been a long expensive road for the Southern Charm parents but the June 30th final recording will confirm the custody agreement, in the eyes of the state of South Carolina.
Members of the press are required to credit allaboutthetea.com when referencing this article. Please post credit and links. Thank you.